Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The C Word . . .


Cookie! Christmas baking is one of those events that brings back warm and happy memories. From the time I was little, my brothers and I looked forward to our family's cookie baking and decorating (and tasting) ritual. I loved mixing the food coloring into the spritz cookie dough and watching identifiable shapes emerge from those goofy looking things at the end of the cookie press (what do you call those cookie press inserts?)


The last couple of years (well, maybe more than just a couple) my Christmas cookies have come from the grocery store. This year, since I am trying to spend more time in the kitchen, I may try burning -- I mean baking some of my own. And as everyone with a temperamental oven or a distractable nature knows, it's best to have a back-up plan. That's why I plan to stock up on bakery at the Friends of the Aram Public Library Cookie and Cookbook sale on Saturday, December 8. And while I'm in the holiday mood, I think I'll search the cookbook sale for potential Christmas gifts. Everyone's got to eat, right? So a good basic cookbook should be a good gift for just about anybody. What a great idea . . . I think I have my holiday gifts totally planned! Thank you Friends of APL for making my holiday prep a lot easier!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home