Saturday, November 24, 2007

Comfort Foods from the Crock Pot


Someone once told me that having a crock pot is like having a genie in the kitchen. Looking at my kitchen, I can tell you it needs more than a little magic, but having dinner ready to serve when I come home on a dark, cold winter night does a lot to improve my attitude. That’s why I’m looking forward to the Comfort Foods crock pot cooking workshop at the library on November 29.

Apparently a lot of other people need a little kitchen magic at this time of year, because the two scheduled programs (Thursday, November 29 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.) are both filled. We have started a waiting list and will hold another session if we get at least 15 people interested . . . and so far we have 12!

I’ve had a crock pot for many years, and it’s no secret mine is under-used. Over the years it has served up a few good pots of soup, stew, and my favorite Swiss steak, but lately it has become a one-dish appliance, used only for making chili! So, I’ve been trying to look at my crock pot with new eyes, to see its versatility and discover its magic. I hope this program will rekindle my enthusiasm, give me some new ideas, and make dinner at my house a warm, happy, satisfying event.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 26, 2007 at 2:40 PM , Blogger reademandweap said...

At our house Mom has been the one to use the crock-pot--and I enjoy the results, although things made in our crock pot usually seem to taste like it. So am looking forward to having some expertise of my own to contribute, and maybe even finding out why things at our house taste crock-potted--and how this may be prevented. JO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home