Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Crock Pot Saves the Day!

Jenny Wehmeier is my hero! The crock pot class turned out to be even better than I had hoped, and I was inspired to drag the beast out of the cupboard for something other than chili.
All the samples were so delicious! Artichokes are not on my list of edible vegetables -- I think they taste like cardboard -- but the artichoke dip was more than just "edible." I guess I'd even call it yummy (or Yum-O to Rachel Ray fans). And who ever heard of taco soup? Tacos are for eating, not for slurping. But the taco soup was also a big hit with my taste buds, and now I am off on a great kitchen adventure. The slow cooker discovery plan calls for me to work my way through all the recipes in the handout Jenny prepared for us. And then, when I have tamed the crock, I will tackle one of my other underused kitchen gadgets. Will it be the George Foreman grill? The bread machine? Or is there some strange appliance lurking in the darkest corners of my kitchen that I have yet to discover?

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2010 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Jenny Wehmeier said...

Sue-
Just doing a search and found your comments from the class. You crack me up! Just let me know when I can come back and I will be there!
Jenny, Slow Cooker Diva

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home